12 Oct Instagrammer of the Week: Adelle Girvan
Adelle Girvan, the Instagrammer of the Week, is an Account Associate at LaunchSquad’s Boston office. She’s only been a member of the team for two months but is loving every second of it. Originally from New Jersey, Adelle wandered into New England when she studied English at UMass Amherst. There, she spent most of her time adventuring across the country with the UMass Marching Band or with her nose in a book. She is also severely overcaffeinated, has a soft spot for reality television and loves a good Cary Grant film.
10 Questions with LaunchSquad
- Last book you read? Not That Kind Of Girl by Lena Dunham. It was phenomenal!
- Early bird or night owl? I’m most definitely a night owl, especially after a 15-minute power nap. However, I have to thank UMass Marching Band for teaching me that if the alarm goes off at 4 a.m., it’s time to get up and get to work!
- Favorite season/holiday? My favorite season is definitely the fall, especially in New England. I know, I know…so basic I could unclog a drain. Say what you want, but sweaters are fab and so is pumpkin pie. It should be no surprise that my favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. I feel like it’s a low pressure holiday. And, hey, who doesn’t like a holiday that’s all about the food?
- What’s your favorite dessert? Red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting are a gift from God. However, the frosting has to be made from scratch, otherwise, it’s such a waste. The cream cheese frosting is the star of the show!
- Favorite breakfast food? Being from New Jersey has raised me to become the bagel snob we are all known to be, so, of course, my favorite breakfast food is bacon, egg and cheese on a sesame seed bagel. SPK? You know it.
- Favorite thing about PR and Creative Communications? Every day is something new. You could never be bored working in PR. I also love that you are encouraged to be creative and think outside the box!
- Coffee or tea? I adore both coffee and tea. Coffee in the morning and tea in the afternoon. Or, you could order a Dirty Chai Latte, which is when tea and coffee make a beautiful baby in your cup.
- Favorite rainy day activity? My favorite rainy day activity is definitely grilled cheese, tomato soup and all of the Indiana Jones movies.
- Favorite exercise? I love to jog. After our really rough New England winter, it was so nice to get outside and spend an hour or so just jogging around and seeing a non-snowy world again.
- Dogs or cats? I am a huge dog person, but I don’t have one yet. I’m looking to get a Boston Terrier, an English bulldog, a Boxer or a mutt with a squished face. I like any dog that has the face of an old man (Bob Barker would be too good of a name for a dog).
Follow along with Adelle all week on Instagram.