26 Oct Instagrammer of the Week: Brittany Evansen
Brittany Evansen, who is taking the reins of LaunchSquad’s Instagram this week, in an Account Executive at the New York office. She joined the Squad just three months ago! The road to sending bitmoji-laden pitches has been an interesting one that started in South Florida. She was born and raised in the sunshine and, after getting an English degree from the University of Florida (Go Gators!), she went on to teach middle and high school English in Baltimore (but she didn’t actually watch the Wire until last year because she was too busy living it). She spent three more years teaching after moving to Brooklyn, but was interested in writing for audiences over the age of 14 and spending more time with other grown-ups…so here she is! Thus far, she loves that working at LaunchSquad has taught her things she didn’t even realize were things (mobile UX!), and that collaborative brainstorming is a regular activity. When she’s not at the office, she is probably off grabbing delicious food and drink with a friend or doing weird new-agey things like full moon circles.
11 Questions with LaunchSquad
- Last book you read? The last book I attempted to read was last month’s book club book, “All the Light We Cannot See.” Then, I accidentally read a spoiler in Slack and I haven’t had the motivation to pick it up since. Whomp, whomp.
- Early bird or night owl? Absolutely, 100 percent night owl. I love sleeping as much as the next person, but I really hate having to put myself to bed. I’d rather be awake.
- Best thing that happened to you this month? Alabama Shakes is one of my favorite bands, and their leading lady has a side project called Thunderbitch. It’s basically pure rock and roll music. Anyways, my good friend David got me into their show at the Knitting Factory for free on a Friday, and it was incredible. It was a huge “this is why I live in NYC” moment.
- Favorite season/holiday? Thanksgiving, hands down, forever and always. No other holiday makes as much sense to me. All you need to do is gather your most beloved people, cook delicious food together and be grateful. What a beautiful thing!
- What’s your favorite dessert? I have a tremendous sweet tooth so this is not an easy question to answer. My favorite cake is carrot, cookie is chocolate chip and ice cream is cookie dough. I guess that means cookies have an advantage?
- Favorite breakfast food? Eggs. There is no other single food I could eat every single day without getting tired of it, and I love eggs in all of their iterations.
- Favorite place you’ve ever been? After a strange stint as a nanny for a few months, I’m obsessed with the entire country of Italy, but I am most obsessed with Rome. I spent a month there and fell in love with the history — the Colosseum is my spirit animal.
- Favorite thing about PR and Creative Communications? I really like the things that happen outside of the office/laptop screen — working an event, meeting in-person, running a random errand like picking up 30 copies of Ad Age. That kind of facetime is really energizing.
- Favorite rainy day activity? Lounging, of course! What better situation to be in than having Mother Nature’s permission to stay in your PJs, drink some coffee and watch some TV or read a book.
- Favorite exercise? Yoga is pretty much the only exercise I do…but every single week, I tell myself I am going to get to those early morning spin classes at the gym.
- Dogs or cats? Meh. This makes some people assume I am a monster, but I honestly just don’t like pets.
Follow all of Brittany’s adventures this week on Instagram.