14 Dec Instagrammer of the Week: Shannon Manley
Shannon Manley is an Account Associate at LaunchSquad’s New York office, which she joined this past August. Hailing from Scottsdale, Arizona, Shannon left the “Wild West” for the “Proper and Cold” East Coast to attend Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. At Georgetown, she studied English and spent a majority of her time with fellow LaunchSquadder Kate Newman trying to master coffee art at a student-run coffee shop. She’s passionate about brands that have a strong enough narrative to become a part of people’s identities — a story LaunchSquadders are masters at telling — and she even wrote her thesis on that topic. In her free time, you can find her aimlessly walking around New York City in her recently purchased royal blue hat, trying to find the next faux-fur coat to add to her collection too big for her shoebox closet, and a person who knows the difference between “cacti” and “cactus.” (which, she still is searching for btw.)
6 Questions with LaunchSquad
- Early bird or night owl? I am at my most creative during the night. Don’t be surprised to find me taking a midnight stroll while listening to Simon and Garfunkel – those are the moments when I think of my next successful pitch angle.
- Favorite breakfast food? Brunch 100%! I know it’s not food, but I’m all about the experience. Hand me eggs Benedict and a few good friends, and my weekend is made!
- Favorite place you’ve ever been? Copenhagen, Denmark. I studied abroad there during my Junior year and have never been as happy or felt as free as when I lived that lovely city. Also, the Danes are so chic and know how to ride a bike in style.
- Coffee or tea? Coffee, of course! I used to have a coffee club in my AP Biology class every Friday morning, and I have been hooked ever since then. Highlight of my walk to work is having Jenna, the barista extraordinaire, know my name and have my drink ready before I even walk through the door.
- Favorite rainy day activity? Driving around and listening to music. Songs just sound better in the rain. Not to mention, you can enjoy the amazing scent that Creosote bushes bless us Arizonans with — Jim Morrison was quite of fan of the “Arizonian Rain” as well…he even wrote a song about it!
- Favorite thing about LaunchSquad? The people! Everyone has been so eager to answer my many questions and help me understand the power of a good story.
Follow Shannon all week on LaunchSquad’s Instagram.